WHY DOES IT WORK?
So why does having a new air conditioner or new furnace installed save us so much money? Simply put – technology. Just like all of the other electronics in your house, science has advanced and air conditioners and furnaces have both benefited over the years. In the 1950’s companies advertising new air conditioners would show images of housewives and families enjoying relaxing activities by their sleek looking window units. Then suddenly you could even buy cars with air conditioners in them. Look how far we’ve come! In fact, now you don’t even have to be home to turn your air conditioner or furnace on and off. Check out this programmable, touch-screen thermostat from Carrier. You can program it from anywhere you access the internet - even from your smartphone!
With the warm weather approaching (yes it’s eventually coming folks), some of you may have read information about getting an air conditioner tune up. How do you know if it’s time to consider installing a new air conditioner? Here are a few tips that may help with your decision:
1. My air conditioner is 12 years old (or older).
- If this is the case – a new energy efficient air condition could lower the cost of cooling your home by approximately 30%! In most cases, your new system would pay for itself in 5-6 years. After that, you’ll be making money by saving all of those costs.
2. I do not have a programmable thermostat.
- This is a simple air conditioner upgrade that can save you a lot of money! By programming your thermostat you’re not using your air conditioner unnecessarily. If you leave for work and forget to turn it down, this cost can add up quickly. Investing in a new thermostat is a great alternative if you do not need a complete new air conditioner but are still looking for ways to save money.
3. My upstairs is always hotter than my downstairs so I have to constantly adjust my settings.
- If you find that the different floors of your house have different room temperatures, this could be a sign that your air conditioner is not running efficiently. If the system is young, it might just need a simple tune-up. In addition, you can follow some additional tips by “clicking here.” However, when the temperature difference is consistently noticeable, and your air conditioner is aging, this could be a red flag that it’s time for an update.
4. My bills are increasing every year.
- Older air conditioners that do not qualify as “energy-efficient” will continue to increase your bill 1-2% per year. This is a lot of money over time. Instead of spending more, a new air conditioner can save you a significant amount of money and keep your family more comfortable at the same amount of time. If you are seeing a consistent increase in your energy bill, you definitely should be considering a new air conditioner and/or new furnace.
Tri-Star Heating & Cooling has earned its reputation as a leading NKY HVAC Contractor by providing the best heating and air conditioning products and services to the entire Greater Cincinnati area for over 30 years. We are dedicated to the principles of quality services at affordable pricing while delivering the latest in products and technology.